Saturday, October 28, 2006

AH PEK TALK TOO MUCH

Yesterday morning, I went to the market to buy a packet of bee hoon for brunch. There was a long queue and behind me was a man probably around 50 years old.

He was teasing the staff for not going fast enough, told them to start bringing out more chilli and other comments. The people there ignored him with smiles on their faces.

Finally it was my turn to be served. The lady serving bee hoon had a conversation with me. She know's Jonathan's condition and asked me what standard he would be now.

When I told her Jonathan would be in primary 2, immediately the man behind me started passing a remark in Mandarin "二年级还要崇他。不要给她走路,给他坐车." What he said was I was "He's in primary 2 and you still spoil him by letting him sit on buggy and don't let him walk." It was not a question to me. It was a remark, made loud and clear for other people to hear.

His tone was loud and not gentle. There were other people behind him. So after paying for my bee hoon, without looking at him, I said Jonathan couldn't walk and left the place. He immediately apologise but I was already walking away with his voice trailing behind me.

His reaction was normal, I guess. He didn't get a glimpse of Jonathan becos Jonathan was in front of me.

I hope from this experience, this Ah Pek would learn to think first before speaking. Otherwise, he would end up being punched for what he said. He's lucky to have bumped into me instead of other parents who might be offended with his remarks.

When I got home, I thought back about what happened. I told myself should have turned to look at him, use my handphone to take a picture and post it online...haha.

But you know...I wasn't angry at all. I just felt that this man ought to learn to analyse the situation first before making remarks like that.

God is my witness. He knows what went on and He will take care of it for me.

He's grace is sufficient for me to bear the situation.

2 Corinthians 12: 9 - "..My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfet in weakness."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh... that ah pek ought to be ashame of himself. Hope it's the first and last time you will see him.

Cheer up! 

Serene Ho said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Lucky for this Ah Pek my hubby and I weren't there! Some ppl can be so insensitive! Guess it boils down to ignorance :(