Sunday, December 31, 2006

END OF YEAR

Wow....it's the last day of 2006. What have we done? How much has been achieved? What is there to reflect on?

Plenty...just plenty.

I'll start with Jonathan...who turned 9 this year...

1) Completed the Primary One syllabus for Math and English in school.
2) Learned to use the doorbell to call anyone and point to what he wants using the picture cards (that's 2 points...haha)
3) Watched a 45-minute children's musical called "The Selfish Giant" with his school friends without fuss.
4) Pronounced the word "_ILK" which he meant "MILK" when he was hungry.
5) Starred in the documentary "My Son, Jonathan"...actually it's his life story...
6) Participated and completed in the Children's Charity Walkathon (his first time) on 2 December 2006.
7) Bravely went through a dental cleaning procedure at KK that lasted more than 2 hours under GA on 15 December 2006.
8) Watched a movie for the first time at Cathay Cinema called "Night At The Museum" on 17 December 2006.
9) STOOD UP WITH MY SUPPORT, HELD ON TO THE DOOR HANDLE AND OPENED THE DOOR FOR HIS DADDY WHO RETURNED HOME FROM WORK.

All these achievements....never done before...I call them Jonathan's 9 Major Pre-Miracle Achievements.

He achieved more than what I have mentioned. I believe more will come. From tomorrow onwards, I'll be adding more, not just only one or two. Yes...I believe this will happen.

Actually, Jonathan's already started before 2007 comes...He's been asking me to make him stand more often.

2007...I don't know what will be in store for all of us. But I want to look forward to more good things, not just for Jonathan, but for H and myself.

2007....2007....2007....No resolutions....just live a day as it is.

Read in Max Lucado's daily devotion...things change when you start looking for God...I'll make this one of my goals...to start looking for God...in every person who comes in contact with me...in every situation that comes to my path, in every day that comes...yah...that should be the way...

LOOK FOR GOD IN EVERYTHING.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done Serene and Jonathon! What you shared about Max Lucado is also inspirational. Thanks for that. May your 2007 be blessed with the Lord's favour.