Saturday, October 20, 2007

SUPER KICK

Our supermarkets have really narrow aisles. Sometimes, they stack so many items along the aisles that it's really hard to walk. Well...this incident confirms that.

I don't know if I mentioned this before...it happened 2 months back...

We were leaving the supermarket. So we had to pass through the vege section. A middle-aged lady was squatting looking at some vegies. We walked towards her direction where the exit door was.

Sometimes Jon gives an involuntary kick and I was trying to avoid some crates on the right so that Jon wouldn't hurt his legs. So I veered towards the left, not noticing the lady.

The next thing I knew, Jon gave one of his super kicks and she shouted "Wa Peh Oi!!" In teochew it means "Oh My Father! haha! Well...I mean "Oh My God!"

She turned around real angry, rubbing her back shoulder. I apologised profusely, telling her Jon didn't mean it. At the same time we were slowly easing our way out to avoid being scolded at...haha.

I was laughing by the time we were out the door. Laughing not because Jon kicked her but at her expression.

That "wah peh oi" used to be my dad's phrase whenever he wants to give an exclamation. It brought back funny memories of my dad.

The best part? Jon was totally ignorant that he ever kicked that lady. He was happily listening to his tape near his ear. That's my boy! Praise the Lord!

No comments: