Tuesday, May 06, 2008

ANNUAL NATIONAL HEALTH BOARD CHECK

Well...the annual health check by the National Health Board for school students started.

This year, I heard the Health Board decided to give injections to 11 and 12 year-old students. Previously, it was only for 12 year-olds but because some students don't turn up, they end up not having that compulsory jab when they leave for secondary schools.

So...the Health Board decided that if the 11 year-old students don't turn up for the jab, they will still get it next year when they are 12 years old.

Today was the pre-checkup. They did the eye check and our prince Jonathan has perfect 9-9 eyesight! Praise the Lord. This I say despite the fact that he watches alot of youtube and television (all from a far distant of course!)

How do they test the eyes? Instead of alphabets and numbers that we are normally shown, our children in the Special School are shown symbols. They have square, circle, plus sign and star. So they start with the biggest image from the first level and go all the way down to the 6th stage which is pretty small for my eyes if I don't put on my glasses.

They have a symbol board for the children to point if they are non-verbal like Jonathan. But because Jonathan's motorskills were not that strong, I had to ask him if it's the star, the square, the plus sign or the circle and he point to yes or no signs. For each level he answered correctly in front of the Health Board nurse and our school nurse.

I'm grateful to God for this. An answered prayer for me! Hallelujah!

No comments: