Wednesday, March 07, 2012

I'M THANKFUL

that Jonathan is reaching his ideal weight.  Today we weighed him and it was 24.5kg.  Ideal weight for this year, until we meet the dietitian is 25kg.  It's pretty ok because he's growing tall so it was calculated in such a way that he doesn't bloom sideways and thus have extra unwanted weight.

But for Jonathan, putting on weight means it takes time.  This is because he's fairly active.  Whenever he's on the mattress, he's moving about alot, rolling around, sometimes lying prone for minutes and then turning to his back, then roll to another place and back.

He really sweats it out when he watches a game show that makes him extremely excited.  So with his involuntary movements, he gets a workout.

So my prince is slim and tall, with bones that are extremely strong.

That which I'm thankful for.

I had to joy of having lunch with my exboss from the bank I used to work with.  She was not my immediate boss.  But she's one of the best lady bosses I've ever known.  She's soft spoken, works well with her secretary and takes care of her staff.  Never have I seen a lady boss like her.

She's "retired" from work.  Volunteers in a welfare ogranization, working with troubled teens and still takes care of her own family.

Yesterday was her birthday and I was really glad I could spend sme time with her on Monday (5th)

So I sms-ed a birthday greeting today, only to receive this complimentary reply from her:

"You gave me a great start to my new year yesterday.  Do call whenever you feel like meeting up J".

No comments: