Tuesday, September 19, 2006

FUNNY OR NOT?

Didn't write for the last week or so. Been busy helping teachers in Jonathan's school with children's day celebration goody bags. So by the time Jonathan slept, I was already very tired.

Jonathan hasn't been behaving in class lately. But when I think about it, it's actually quite funny.

He's been given a door bell with a button placed on his table top. This is to help him call us whenever he wants anything, asks or answers questions.

Last Thursdday, I had to go for a meeting in school. Jonathan looked for me and started pressing the button from the time I left for meeting right until we were about to go home. This annoyed the teachers and his classmates. Got warning from teacher but he just gave her a cheeky smile. She gave him a warning but he still carried on. Whenever he pressed the button and teacher stood up, he removed his hand from the button. But when she sat down, he would start again. So finally, as a punishment, she disallowed me to be in class and they took care of him while I went to pack the goody bags for children's day.

Jonathan has a funny side of him. He thinks that purposely giving wrong answers to a question in math test is funny. When the teacher corrects him and gets firm with him for doing that, he will just smile at the her.

There's a small gap between the wall and the head of his bed mattress. He loves to roll over there and let his head sink into that gap. Even if I put a pillow there, he will move it away and leave his head and sometimes body into the gap and calls for help when it is difficult to move out.

I continue to believe God for a miracle. My first wish is for him to be able to speak out words. So far...he's able to say "NO". One day, he produced a sound "ILK" when i asked him to say "milk". Praise God for this little improvement.

No comments: