Monday, January 30, 2012

JANUARY

With the new year comes new adventures.

The most obvious trait?  That Jonathan has his own mind and wants his own way now.   He's no longer the chubby little baby who listens to mommy and daddy.  Well....mostly mommy.  haha

Most of the time, I enlist the help of H whenever he's at home.  And H's voice does wonders.  Maybe it's because I'm always with Jonathan 24/7 (except for the occasional 'outings' that I have for my work, or going to see my mom) that's why he takes such a long time to respond to my request.


The other thing that has happened recently?  He's quite reluctant to have me change his diaper, whether he needs cleaning or not.  He will turn his body whenever I need to clean him.  Most of the time I end up raising my voice when he twists his body just so that I don't have to clean him.  I think he's beginning to be very aware of his surroundings.  No problem for daddy here though.  But I cannot be relying on daddy all the time.  So whenever I need to change him now, I always have to tell him that it's alright for mommy to do it.  then he will relax his leg muscles a little so that I can finish the 'job'.

I still treat him like a little kid.  The lovable boy with the sparkling eyes and great smile.  He loves my attention but I always have to remind myself that he is no longer a baby.  I told H once that we shouldn't make him do small kids stuff like "Jonathan, how do you gongxi gonxi."  haha.  Yup....we used to do this when he was 5/6 years old.  A gesture he does so well :))

He is vocally saying "no" rather clearly and sometimes voluntarily when we asks him.  So I'm hopeful that his speech will return someday.  He says "la" quite frequently too.  To me, that means his tongue is moving and loosening up.  That's my instincts and I want to believe that I'm right.

Going out is good now.  He doesn't retch when he returns home.  But sometimes in the cab, he does get a little nervy and tries to move his body in certain ways during the journey to compensate his nervousness.  This makes it tiring for me when he sits on my lap.  But with H, he sits perfectly fine!

I haven't thought of enrolling him for PT yet.  But I should do it in due course.  But I do not have any intentions of bringing back to school.

Two weeks ago, we received notice from the Immigrations Department that Jonathan is due to make his identity card.  Another reminder that he's growing up :)

I have requested for home visit for the Immigration Officer to come to my home to process the IC.  I just have to pay for the transportation fare that the Officer will incur when he/she comes.  It's probably the same amount as when we go to the Immigration Department, except that we don't have to wait in a queue.

Jonathan's birthday is coming.  I don't know what we will do.  Besides celebrating with this grandmother, whose birthday is a day before his, we will probably buy him a cake and have it at home, just the 3 of us.

I'm grateful to the Lord that the retching/vomitting thing is over and now.  He caught the flu on the 2nd day of Chinese New Year but recovered fairly quickly.  I'm believing for more blessings and more good things happening this year.

Thanks for dropping by.  Wishing all good health and loads of blessings this new year!

No comments: