Sunday, March 11, 2007

TOO YOUNG TO MAKE AN IMPACT?

Children...they bring joy, laughter, frustration, sadness, anger, peace....LOVE.

Overheard in Jonathan's class:-

Teacher was giving math lesson to 3 of them. Kah Whye, Kelvin and Jonathan. she read a problem sum from a math workbook:

Tr: "Denise read 159 pages from a book and has another 189 pages left to read. How many pages are there in the book? i will write it on the whiteboard for you to read."

While writing, KW said: "Teacher, you didn't put 'The' infront."

Tr: "The?" Why do I need to write 'The'?"

KW: You said "The niece" what. So you must write T-H-E in front."
**********
On another occasion. All the kids were brushing their teeth after snack time. kelvin was sitting on a chair, with his mouth all puffed up. Looked as if he had his mouth stuffed with food. Teacher talked to him but he was unable to reply. She asked him what he was doing....Then, he started shaking his head left and right, to which some water came out of his mouth.

It dawned on us what he was doing.....he was rinsing his mouth....
***********
Jonathan was almost disciplined again for making too much noise in class. If he's able to vocalise words, he would probably be noted as a talkative boy....just like me...haha.

I enjoy them. They make me laugh alot. Sometimes I get really angry with Jonathan but most of the anger don't last long. Jonathan and his friend showed me more about love than anyone. They take care of Jonathan no ordinary child would. They are willing to wipe the saliva off his face and mouth when normal children cringe at the sight of it. I must admit I do too when I see other children drool. But not Jonathan's friends. They willingly push his wheelchair, even Muhd who helps me return the wheelchair to the locker room and says to me, almost everyday, "I'm very helpful what!" I agree. No one is more helpful that good young Muhd.

The kids are very open to me, sharing their experiences. They hug me, come close to me, yet they don't do that with the teacher...haha. They are a clever lot to know who is the authority. Me? I'm just someone who likes to play with them. I share their sadness, i share their pain, only to realise that they don't allow it to affect them too much. This includes Jonathan too. They know there's love everywhere, even if teacher is a very strict lady. She showers them with gifts whenever they do well, watch over them and try her best to help them achieve.

It's true, they bring laughter, joy, sadness and anger....all rolled into one. But the thick cover of LOVE over the big ball of expressions will allow them to move on in life. Better than anyone else....whether highly educated or just a simple primary school education.

The kids make a great impact. Not only on me, but to alot of people who are oblivious to this side of the world.

That's their way to show LOVE :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree...
They are the ones that keep me going..