Monday, October 27, 2014


It was time for changing the BARD button again.  Two days before 23rd, I called the Surgical Department to request for a time slot to change the feeding button.  Jonathan heard our telephone conversation.  Even though I tried to speak in words that didn't reveal "hospital", "KK', etc, he knew what it was all about.  Of course he reacted with a little anger but was soon calmed down after I explained the need to do so.

Thankfully Jonathan was willing to go to KK that morning. He didn't even protest. But I did remind him it is time for button change and he was alright with it. Normally it would be a struggle just to get him onto the buggy.

The waiting time for his appointment with the neurologist was almost 1.5 hours. The doctor said, "it was good to see Jonathan again after 1.5 years." Haha. Review went well. That day we found out he is already 150cm tall. And that's almost my height! They will have to use a longer measuring tape in future haha.  I'm grateful to Dr C for caring about Jonathan's well-being.  She has arranged for us to be under STAR Pals.  We will be meeting the nurse representative this coming week.

After Neuro rushed down to surgery for the button change. I was happy that an experienced nurse was there. She always changes buttons at a fast and efficient manner. First thing she asked me was "Isn't he afraid?" If Jonathan was, he didn't show it. Haha. Our boy was as cool as a cucumber haha. They know him by name and even after so many years they will still ask if he was nervous. I should have said I'm the nervous one haha.

I scooped him onto the bed, they got their things ready, applied lubricant around the stoma and then nurse said "sorry ah". The next thing I hear was a "pop" and a little grunt from Jonathan and done. All within 30 seconds. Very little bleeding. Thank God for that.

We fed him there. It was meal time and also in a way to test the button. gave him panadol to ease any discomfort. The young girl next door was crying and screaming and the prince kept wanting to peek through the door.

"Do you have any pain at the button area?", I asked. He replied "no".

We reached home and all was well.  Jonathan didn't show any motion sickness even though I had his inhalant ready in the bag in case we needed it.

I'm very proud of Jonathan for going through this procedure year after year.

Thank you Lord everything went well. Till next year. Thanks everyone for your encouragements and reading my journal.

No comments: