Wednesday, August 27, 2008

TEACHER'S DAY GIFTS

It's here again! Teacher's day this year will be quiet. I didn't plan any concert party this year because I've been really busy. After doing it for 2 years, I decided to take a break because I really have no time to prepare...sorry teachers! LOL!

But I did make time to do some chipboard tags for them. They are for Jonathan's class teachers: Teacher Sharon and Ruth, Teacher Lay Keong {who taught Jonathan for 2 years}, Aunty Chew {class warden whom I consider a teacher too :) }. The others are for Speech Therapist Kunal, Physio Therapist Kumar and Occupation Therapist Mohanty. I also made one for my good friend Mabel {she was Jonathan's teacher in Balestier Special School}.

Materials I used:
DCWV glitter pattern papers and other assorted pattern papers / wool yarn {for OT Mohanty's tag} / Maya Road chipboard coasters / Maya Road chipboard arrows and buttons / leather straps / assorted ribbons / American Craft chipboard alphas {Jewelry Box} and {Glitter Alphas - Shoe Box} / 7 Gypsies Journal Stickers / EK Success True Faith stickers / Making Memories Acrylic paints / Ranger Baby Blue Stickles / Other chipboard alphas / Nicole Alphabet Beads / local fake cloth flowers / Autumn Leaves Rhonna Farrer buttons.

Painted the sides for some of the coasters to outline them.




I must mention that OT Mohant's tag {below} is covered with rainbow wool yarn. I applied glue line by line and circulated the wool yarn until it reached the middle. Sealed the sides with glue again so that the wool doesn't jutt out and it aligns to the tag. I threaded the alphabet beads because I didn't want to glue them on the wool. Then I tied the string around the tag and sealed it with the strip of red polka dot paper.



I hope they like them!
Wishing all teachers {including my sisters : Leanne, Sally and Er Jieh - kindergarten teachers} a HAPPY AND AMAZING TEACHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

Chowchow said...

Love all the tags that you have made there Serene...

Serene Ho said...

Thanks! Took me a while to do them because I tend to run out of ideas but thank God they turned out ok.