Monday, June 14, 2010

THIS IS A FIRST

Jonathan usually wakes up in the mornings around 9.30am.

His queen size bed, surrounded by cushioned mattresses is on the floor.  So whenever he wakes up, he will always want to roll off the bed and kick the bedroom door.

Most of the time, I end up sleeping with him because he wakes up in the middle of the night or I wake up/stay up at 4am to change his diaper.

This particular morning, 2 days ago, was the usual for him.  He went down the bed twice and I carried him back to the bed.  On the third try, I stopped him and he raised his right arm to push me away.

Then he gave me an angry grunt.

He layed on his side, at the end of the bed, the back of his head facing me.  He didn't move for at least 5-10 minutes.  No matter how many times I called him, he refused to turn and look at me.  Ignored me until Harith came into the room to carry him out.

Later that morning, I asked if he was still angry with me, he said "Yes".

That was the first time he became angry and ignored me.  I'm beginning to feel the "heat" of being a mother of a teenage boy, despite being a child with special needs, have decided what he wants to do, whether we like it or not.

2 comments:

Yin May said...

like the new look of your blog!

Serene Ho said...

Tks May. It's the new template from Blogger