Saturday, February 05, 2011

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR

Reunion dinner ... check!
First day visitation to grandma (Harith's) ... check!
2nd day visitation to ma ma (Bie's) ... check!
Ang pows given ... check!
Ang pows received ... check! LOL!

I'm glad we have finished what we planned to do for this chinese new year.  Food was great at Harith's mom's place.
Peranakan food like chap chye (mixed vegetables comprising of : vermicelli / mushroom / black fungus / cabbage)


Baba ayam buah keluak.  You can refer to what this dish is HERE.


Bak wan soup (meatball soup with lots of bamboo shoot)

sambal prawns, homemade ngor hiang, all cooked by my Harith's mom, cousin and sister.


For the last 14 years, I wasn't able to give a helping hand since Jonathan was born and I'm thankful to them for cooking the delicious food.

This year, Jonathan was great!  He went to both of his grandma's homes to 拜年 (send greetings) and stayed mostly for 2 hours or more.  Thank God this time around, the medication I gave him worked and he was able to stay out for the lengthy period of time.  Most of all the Lord provided excellent weather that it was windy and not humid.

Yesterday (2nd CNY day), when we were at my mum's, I greeted her xin jia ju yee (happy new year in Teochew dialect) and she replied with the same greeting.  That was really nice to hear from her.  The amusing part of our visit today was that my brother had a giant orange that was in a bag of oranges his friend gave.  I just couldn't resist taking a photo.









This year, I made red packets again.  I bought these really nice red papers embossed with flowers from a local scrapbook store.  These papers are from Cordinations Cardstocks.  At the store, they had 2 different designs but I bought this (see below) and they only have 7 pieces left.  It was enough for me cos I used a faded red for the backing.  Materials are the cardstock, glitter pailettes (Ellen Krans Mini-Butterflies) from  Me&My Big Ideas and also Mini Alphabet Stickers from My Little Shoebox.  Design for the red packets were simple and production only took 2 days.

i didn't put any embellishments cos the paper spoke for itself.  the embossed flowers are pretty enough.





I'm glad the celebrations are over.  At least now we, especially Jonathan, can rest :)

Here's wishing all my blog visitors 新年快乐!

No comments: