Jonathan's note to Teacher Eslin
Also for the same friend but this time, a booklet containing all the notes of farwell, well-wishes and encouragements from teachers, students, etc to Teacher Eslin whose last day is today.
Used the zutter chipboard, craft punch, zutter o-wires (1"), blings, Match Makers textured strips, K Marcella Papers, stockcard, adhesive lace, floral sticky tapes, Celebrate ribbons and anything I can think of to decorate the pages, KK plastic letterings and Heidi Swapp chipboard self-adhesive alphabets.
I printed the shape of letter "e" to symbolise Eslin. Then pasted it over with floral paper. My initial intention was to just put the "e" as the cover, then realised I couldn't fasten the covers with just the "e". So I decided to make another set of covers.
I ran out of zutter chipboard covers. The shops here didn't have 8X8 covers. So I used ordinary chipboard. Put the ribbon between 2 of the chipboards so I didn't have to punch holes to hold the ribbons.
But then....it was a major mistake. The Zutter bind-it-all doesn't allow anything thicker than their own Zutter chipboard covers. So I had to manually use my heavyduty eyelet puncher to cut holes for the o-wires. You can see at the binding area there are scratches and I thot just leave it then Teacher Eslin will cherish it more and be reminded how much work has been put in it...haha!
I could have punched more holes and make the binding longer but didn't do it 'cos I was running out of time.
I wish I had a bigger size o-wires. I only got my 1" size wires that I got from a good friend. Should have bought a bigger size wire. As you can see...the book covers are not able to close properly. But still the book holds pretty well. I"m quite happy with the outcome.