Friday, February 15, 2008

OLD FRIENDS

We bumped into 2 old friends today at Orchard Road. Not that they are old as in age but friends we got to know many years ago.

One is a lady who's in the sales line. Alot of free time if she's not working. She's her own boss. Yet, within that short span of 5 minutes that we chatted, I get the impression that she is bored. Said when she's free, just "hang kai", "jalan jalan", go shopping. She looked very "sian"...bored...

She told us I have a child to take care and she doesn't so she has a lot of time to spare that's why everyday, go jalan jalan. I wanted to suggest scrapbooking..haha! But stopped myself before I went on.

Then after lunch we met a guy who is a professional. Also within 5 minutes, we parted. He had to rush...probably to a meeting. He worked around Orchard Road but didn't seem too keen about working around that vicinity. Gave us a grunting looking face and said he had to rush.

How odd...meeting 2 people with different reactions to life. I used to be like this once before Jonathan was born. My outlook after 1997 changed completely. Well...it happened to us. People deal with situations differently. So who am I to judge?

But we shall continue to Praise Abba Father everyday for all that's happening around us. My prayer is for Him to watch over the 2 old friends we bumped into today and bless them in everything they do. Pray that they will find happiness and joy in whatever they are doing and experiencing in life.

No comments: