Thursday, January 29, 2009

WHEN WE WERE YOUNG ....

I went to my mother's house for Chinese New Year visit yesterday and dug up some old photographs.


When we were young, we loved to play dress-up. My father was in a teochew club in his younger days and he was a freelance percussionist in the opera. One of our favourite pastime was to use bath towels and wrap around our bodies or arms to act in our very own chinese opera. That's me wrapped in a towel by my 2nd sister {above}. haha!

I don't know why I looked like I did in this picture....LOL!

Here are 2 more photos:

Here's another picture of my sisters and younger brother {I wasn't in there}, playing in the backyard of a relative's home in Johor. {above}

The picture below contains my paternal grandmother {dad's mum, seated}. Behind her is my dad's youngest brother and wife {left in picture}. Both of them, with my father's help, moved to Hong Kong from China. But they've already passed away. On the right of the picture is my dear dear mother. Young and beautiful.




Note: I used my digi camera to take these pictures. If I had scanned it, it would be clearer.

No comments: