Wednesday, November 29, 2006

HOW FORGETFUL CAN A PERSON GET?

I turned babysitter yesterday to 4 children. 2 in secondary school, 1 in primary and 1 in nursery. So with Jonathan, that makes 5. H had to go see his dad in hospital with his mom and sisters who didn't want to bring their children. So i changed profession just for last night.

Jonathan was good. He layed on the mat and watched his wheel of fortune while I entertained the children. It happens you know....when there are guests, your child gets left alone....especially when I'm alone and I can't get him involved.

Jonathan was happy watching wheel. I started babysitting around 7.30pm. The guests didn't leave until around 11pm. At 11.30pm I was clearing the place up. Then I saw Jonathan drooling excessively. I asked him if he wanted milk before he slept, he said 'yes'.

Then it dawned on me....

I haven't given him his milk feed scheduled at 10pm....OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! His last feed was at 7pm so he hasn't had anything for 5 hours!!! I usually give him some water in between but in the midst of entertaining the kids, I totally totally forgot.

H, who after sending the guests off, asked, "You forgot to feed Jonathan?"

I looked at him and said calmly, though angry, "Don't start".

H didn't say a word. I guess he decided not to blame me cos I was watching over his nieces and nephew. I was angry becos I forgot to feed Jonathan. I felt so guilty and sorry that while I fed him, I kept apologising.

So...how forgetful can a person get? In my case, it was NO EXCUSE! Next time, I better set the alarm clock if I have a big group of people at my house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi..
We all make mistakes sometimes... Dont be too harsh on yourself.

Don't forget to feed yourself too.

:)