Saturday, November 25, 2006

JONATHAN'S ACHIEVEMENT

I'm trying to make Jonathan to communicate with me on his own so I don't have to ask him questions.

Last week, while changing his diaper, I told him that if he needs to change diapers in future, he should call me and touch his diaper.

Tonight, while he was watching TV, his diaper got detached at the velcro. He was so excited over the Wheel of Fortune game. He moved alot and the fastener came off.

I think he called me but I didn't hear. I happened to look at his direction and he was looking at me, touching his diaper. Since H was near I asked him to check. True enough, the diaper was not fastened.

I'm proud of him for achieving this. I hope in a while, he will tell me if he needs to pee or poo.

GOD IS GREAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, Serene, good for you, and Jon too! May the day come, when he will tell you "mummy i love you!"

Btw, i missed out telling you this in my last comment, its really not about one's education level or ability or credentials one has. To me, you've been a great parent rep who has been placed in a very difficult situation. Whatever you might think of yourself, I really think you did well and you had gone the extra mile. I believe I'm not alone in being thankful that you've been there. Allow me to say a personal thank you, for all that you've done for the staff and the other parents. Your testimony shined, at a time when things look dark and bleak. Thank God for you.