Saturday, November 18, 2006

MY SON, JONATHAN

Found out last night about the documentary to be shown on TV Sunday, 26th November 2006.

Don't know to feel elated or just...don't know...

I remembered someone wrote on a forum website for special needs...I think it was a petition about Singapore government raising medical fees. He or she said that we should have aborted our children and not let them be born and waste government's money.

So how do I feel about this? Some people might think..."What's the point of showing a disabled child? This parent not shy meh?"

But what is important - Let the world know that there are special needs people out there. Most of us didn't get into this by choice. My case was a mishandled case. Some children born normally contracted meningitis later, had high fever...how do you explain that?

Let the world know that we need help. Whether we earn more than $2000 a month doesn't mean that we don't need financial help. Let the public be more aware that special needs, whether young or old, need to go out and enjoy themselves instead of being cooped up at home. Let the people know that God is constantly in control.

Now I'm looking forward to the documentary....I'm not happy because we'll be show-cased. I'm happy that I know something positive will come out of this. Something positive too look foward to.

The documentary....MY SON JONATHAN....26th November, Sunday at 6.30pm on channel 5.

No comments: