Friday, September 05, 2008

A SLAPPING SILENCE

Ok. I'm not a very good disciplinarian. I wouldn't want to lay my hands on a child with special needs.

So Jonathan has not have any major big spanking from us.

But....it changed one day. He tested my tolerance. The time when I was very busy and unable to do alot for him {it's always "mummy...change video clips!"}. After coaxing him many times, he decided that to get mummy's attention was to roll over to the high stools and start kicking them.

THAT'S IT!!! I went over, turn him side-ways and gave him a big tight slap on the thigh. My hand mark lasted for a while.

That quietened him. He had a shock and was obedient after that.

Spare the rod and spoil the child....I'm not ready for the cane yet. Because...I know he doesn't deserve that {yet}. Because...he always needs our help to perform tasks for him.

I noticed that sometimes, if I speak to him in a really..really nice tone, he will be more obedient and do as I say. But there are times when I just don't have the time to sit and sweet talk him! LOL!

But Jonathan on the whole is a good-natured boy. Lord....let him speak words quickly so that there will not be misunderstandings between the 2 of us!

No comments: