Monday, September 13, 2010

CASE CONFERENCE

The case conference involved Teacher SK, SW, PT~K, OT~M and ST~L.

It was a good meeting.  I had my thoughts and queries sorted out.

We talked about options and how we can best help Jonathan and finally concluded that HMP (Home Management Program) will be good for now considering his current situation.

Thanks to PT K, I also found out that I don't need to withdraw Jonathan from the school.  I could ask for a transfer to the HMP instead of "quitting" school directly.  That way, if I want to try Jonathan for the school program, it's easier for me to apply for a place.

It was a relief to hear that.  He's still got 5 years before he graduates and of course if I do get a chance, I would like to try again.

We talked about other things and was also given some advice by ST~L that was really good.

I'm grateful to his teachers and therapists who have helped in so many ways.  And I hope that while staying at home, there will come a day when his health will improve.

Jonathan was also invited to join his classmates whenever they have class outing so he will not lose touch with them.  That's really kind of the teachers.  But I have to try and convince him and get him on the buggy first!

Thanks to all my family and friends who prayed for us.  God bless you!

No comments: