Wednesday, September 08, 2010

SHOULD I WITHDRAW?

Received a letter from Jonathan's school principal today to asked if we would like to withdraw him with immediate effect from his school because he has been absent.  They needed the place for other students who are on the waiting list.

This came as a total surprise.  I guess it's got something to do with my consideration of putting him on Home Management Program.  We were going to have a meeting next week.  I guess I will have to call the social worker for clarification..

It brings a lot of guilt ...

I feel guilty that I have deprived Jonathan of school.
I feel guilty that I am not doing enough for him.
I feel guilty that if I do bring him back to school, his vomitting will start again.

My heart feels heavy.  I still want to keep trying to bring him to school.  But if someone else needs a place then my not bringing Jonathan will deprive someone of the opportunity.

Sad that it has to come to this.  Hopefully at the meeting next week we will be able to come up with something suitable for Jonathan.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Serene! I don't like that your heart is heavy! I will be praying for Jonathan's health and for a successful outcome to the meeting. HUGS!

Anonymous said...

You should not feel guilty about what you think you should do as mother. As mother, you always have his interests at heart. Let's seek what God wants for Jonathan. He loves Jonathan more than you and knows what's best for him and you and the school... Let go of Jonathan into God's loving hands...