Sunday, September 05, 2010

PEACE AND REJOICE

I've been troubled by Jonathan's health.  Even with the soy milk, he sometimes will start gagging in the afternoon.  I guess I'm not feeding him enough to sustain his appetite.  I will have to call the dietitian at KK hospital.

Last night was the same problem.  He had secretion and started coughing and I felt terrible just seeing him gagging all the time.   We decided to take turns letting him sit on our laps so that he will not gag too much compared to lying on the mat and we didn't want to use the chair.  My heart was very heavy with worry and anxiety.  I just didn't want another episode of vomiting again.

So while H went to get dinner, I turned on the TV to distract myself and the travel program "Japan Hour" was on.  Sadly, that made me even more disheartened.  To know that there is such a beautiful place and we will never be able to explore.

Then I heard it...the beautiful background music that came with the scenery.  Softly at first, then gradually became louder.  Trying to remember what this song was, I realised it was "MY PEACE" without vocals.

I don't know if this music was composed by a Japanese but it was an old worship song that encouraged me many years ago.

My heart was lifted.  God spoke to me with that music on a secular channel.

"My peace I give unto ...it's a peace that the world cannot give ..."

Thank you Lord.  But He didn't stop there.

Whenever I put Jonathan down to bed, I will turn on my laptop to watch K dramas.  But last night, I just didn't have the mood and the Lord prompted me to watch a talk by Joyce Meyer.

The topic online was "HEART TEST".  The whole message was that whatever we are going through is a test that we will have learned a good lesson and be victorious towards the end.

The part that struck me was when she quoted Habakkuk 3:17-19 from the bible:
17Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, [though] the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the fold and there are no cattle in the stalls,
    18Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation!(E)
    19The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]! For the Chief Musician; with my stringed instruments.

She shared in layman's term :  "Though I lose my job and grocery prices are going through the roof, though my son is so hard to control that I feel like I'm gonna go crazy, though I can't get my husband out of the lounge chair and TV or though I can't get my wife to clean the house ... YET I WILL REJOICE!"

It was a great encouragement to me and the best medication before all of us went to bed.

Yes...all the problems we will face and I have to learn that no matter what, I want to learn to rejoice in the Lord and God the Lord is my strength.

I leave the song here for you to be encouraged:  MY PEACE



No comments: