Wednesday, January 20, 2010

IT'S A MYSTERY ... WHERE IS HIS TOOTH?

Another tooth on the lower jaw is missing.  I only realised it at 6pm today.  I was cleaning his teeth and felt something missing on the right side of Jonathan's jaw.

Could it be while the doctor was pressing his teeth down with the tongue depressor that the tooth broke off?

I asked Jonathan.  He said it came off in the afternoon.  The tooth was loose already.  That means it didn't happen at the clinic this morning.

I checked his mat, nothing.  I asked Harith if there was any blood stains on the bed linen, he didn't checked and the bed linen was washed today.

No wonder for the past few days he has been drooling.

Last night, he was drooling big time.

And I kept thinking it's probably because he has an ulcer on his lips.

I keep forgetting these signs.  Have to be more observant in future {yup ... always the same reminder}

Speaking of clinic, I brought Jonathan to see the doctor today because last night, he woke up at 5am to wet nostril.  Yup the runny nose returned.  I thought that with medication since Monday, his stuffy was kind of clearing up.  But it didn't.

I didn't want to risk having it become worst because we have to go for the gift presentation by Make A Wish Foundation {which I will post later after Saturday}.

The GP prescribed a set of new medication and said better to put Jonathan on OSPAMOX, an antibiotics.  I'm not pro-antibiotics.  But since he said it was needed, we went ahead.  I can't actually remember if Jonathan has taken this type of antibiotics before.  But on first dosage today, I noticed he started gagging.  There was secretion that made him gag.  I thought it was probably his mucus flowing back.

In the evening, I gave him another dose of anitbiotics and the secretion increased.  They are thick secretion and he was having a hard time handling it.  So I had him sit with me for more than an hour so he could cough it out, which he did finally.  He was still gagging until his slept at 11 tonight.

I searched on OSPAMOX and this is what I got:

Side effects
The occurrence of side effects from taking Ospamox are considered rare. However you may experience:

  • upset stomach
  • diarrhea
  • vomiting
  • mild skin rash
Some people may also experience more serious reactions to taking Ospamox. If you experience any of the following side effects you should seek urgent medical attention.
  • severe skin rash
  • itching
  • hives
  • difficulty breathing or swallowing
  • wheezing

 Better to call the clinic tomorrow and ask the doctor if I could stop this antibiotics.

No comments: