Friday, January 01, 2010

JANUARY 1 HAS COME AND GONE

31 December 2009 at 11.50pm.  We sat together on Jonathan's mat, Harith brought out the guitar and we started music worship.  Then Harith led us in prayer and we prayed for many things including getting Jonathan ready for school, prayed for his teachers and classroom.  Prayed for our mothers and good health for all.
We ended the prayer by breaking bread.

Jonathan woke up real early at 7am today.  Got a little upset.  I prayed for wisdom to understand him and found that he actually thought he was going to school today.

Of course he calmed down after I told him "no school today."

January 1st has come and gone.  I look forward to better days ahead.  Although i've come down with another sore throat, that doesn't mean it's a bad start to the new year.  I'm reminded to rest and more so ...  rest in the Lord.

I searched for bible verses for the new year to encourage friends and was encouraged by these verses:
    Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.(NLT) 
    2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.(NKJV)

"Lord, I thank you for what we have gone through in 2009.  With 2010 already here, we thank you for a perfect 10 year ahead.  Thank you for your blessings, good health, peace, joy, love and wealth.  Heal those who need healing, protect us all and thank you for being omnipotent that we can draw from You.  Let 2010 be a year of blessings that we can bless in return."

Hope all reading my blog will have a great 2010!

No comments: