Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A WISH CAME TRUE x 2

Saturday, 23 January 2010, we were invited to a presentation ceremony by Make A Wish Foundation Singapore.  The party was shared with 3 other recipients.  There was a magic show and balloon sculpture.  Besides the main gift of the Convaid Rodeo Tilt Chair, Jonathan also received a big goody bag and a large poster made by the volunteers.  There was also a sumptuous buffet spread.  After the fun and games, each recipient was presented with their fitted chairs.  This is what Jonathan received.  He chose the burgundy color earlier (pictures of chair fitting later).




I applied for assistance to get Jonathan a proper seat for home use and MAWF approved and granted the wish to Jonathan.  Thank you Make A Wish!

I've been so busy that I will post pictures (not many) of the chair later.

On the very same day, a good friend, Mabel, surprised me with a gift.  The gift is not for me, but for Jonathan too.  A bath chair!  An Otter bath seat for Jonathan to use.




Bathing time is usually Jonathan sitting on Harith's lap while I shower him and carry him out from the bathroom to the mat to dry and dress up.  When Harith's at work, sometimes Jonathan doesn't get to shower till he comes home in the evening.  I don't really like this.  But have no choice.

But now with the new bath seat, I can bath Jonathan anytime!  Yippee!

I want to thank Mabel, Ms P, Ms B and Mr A {you-know-who-you-are} who gave this gift and I'm thankful to Jesus for an answered prayer!

Pictures later!

2 comments:

Yin May said...

Great! wishes do come true...hope he likes his snazzy new chair.

Serene Ho said...

yes May. He loves his new chair. Been using alot and I'm glad cos too much lying down is not good for the spine. Thanks!