Tuesday, July 27, 2010

2 EXPERIMENTS

Experiment #1.

I've mentioned earlier that I will experiment with "school" again and it did.

Since yesterday, I told him we have to go to school.  Even if it's just for therapy.

Results ... slept really late, about 1.30am.  Woke up at 5.30am and refused to go back to sleep until I told him that he can stay at home.  I gave in quickly because I didn't want to have him repeatedly waking up in the morning like the last time (posted HERE).

I have goodwill people telling me that if I keep this up, he will not be going out and that he will have an upper hand over me.  I feel lousy when people say that.  It's as if I cannot discipline Jonathan.

He's a smart boy.  If he knows I'm forcing him to go, he will resort to all ways just to prevent it from happening so much so that now his into "since I'm not going to school, I might as well don't go out at all".

So it's been like this.  Sometimes he stays home for a straight 3 days and then he will willingly step out of the house for a half hour stroll or have dinner with us at the foodcourt @ the market.

And...

This morning, because I needed to go to the market to buy something, he refused to sit on his buggy, straightening his body and started crying.  I hate it when he cries.  The secretion will start building up and the throat becomes noisy for the rest of the day.

Physically, it's really strenuous to carry him whenever he straightens his body.  I've almost hurt myself trying to prevent him from hurting himself.  Moreover, my left arm that cracked 10 years ago is now not as strong as it used to be.

So sue me la for not making him go to school.  I'm really tired of this.

EXPERIMENT #2:

Since he didn't want to go out today, we decided it's time for a long awaited hair cut.

I've never cut Jonathan's hair.  It's always Harith who does it.  Today Jonathan refused to have his hair cut.  Refused to let me carry him to the bathroom.  But after much struggle, I picked up him in one big scoop and carried him to the bathroom.

So I cut with much difficulty.  The hair looks neat now, albeit a little messy cut but still I'm happy with the results.

No photos cos he's lying down.  Can't see much while he's on the mat.

But at least I'm glad I'm not sitting on the chair holding him up, which can be quite tiring.

1 comment:

Wishful Thinking said...

I can't imagine what you go through Serene ... I don't like giving in to my kids either, but it must be so much harder for you. I do give in sometimes for the peace! (sigh ...)
Hugs to you.
R