Wednesday, July 07, 2010

ALSEEP ... AWAKE ... ASLEEP ... AWAKE ... ALSEEP

For the past one week, Jonathan's sleeping pattern changed.  A couple of days after the bird incident whereby he kept waking up at 6am, this time around, he wakes up at 3 or 4 am.  Then proceed to ask for milk, staying up for another half to one hour and return to sleep only to wake up at around 6am and finally going back to sleep around 7am.  Waking only at 11am.

The most tiring one was just 2 nights ago.  He woke up at 4.30am and didn't go back to sleep until 7am.

That night, it just so happened that I couldn't sleep.  I chose to watch Whose Line Is It Anyway on Youtube and when I was finally going to dose off, Jonathan woke up.  I remembered checking my mobile that it was almost 4.30am.  And that was it for me.  Surprisingly, I was fully awake and alert.  I should thank God for giving me strength to stay up with Jonathan.  He finally went back to sleep around 7am and both of us didn't wake up till 11am.

What does he do during those waking hours?  He will just look around his room, as if finding something.  He will grunt a little or just asks me to carry him in a hugging manner while he burrows under my arms (that's his favourite position).

Physically, both of us are tired.  I don't know what caused this change of sleeping pattern.  But my gut feeling is it's about school.  I've been telling him since the week before school started that he has to go back to school.  Sometimes when he gets me all mad, I will "threaten" him that he should just go to school and not spend his hours watching television at home.

Wrong move?  I'm not sure.  But that probably got to him.  He would look at me with pleading eyes and once, even had tears coming out.  I've journaled about this countless times (one such post HERE).

So to see if school is reason why he's been waking up in the wee hours of the night, before he slept, I told him that we will be staying home tomorrow.  Nothing mention about the word "school".

Will see how tonight goes and I will journal about it tomorrow.

No comments: